Martial Arts for Kids (Toronto) | Martial Arts Clubs | Toronto
Martial Arts for Kids (Toronto)1110-5 Finch Ave. West (Toronto)
Contact: Rick (Yukio) Koglin
Phone: (416) 712-6751
Hours of Operation
|Mon:||6:30 - 7:45 Kids 7:45 - 9:15 Adults|
|Thurs:||5:45 pm - 6:45 pm Kids & Adults|
|Sun:||10:30 - 11:45 Kids 11:45 - 1:15 Adults|
Martial Arts Club Space and Facilities including mats, changerooms, showers and professional martial arts instruction
Judo Ontario, Judo Canada, International Judo Federation
[Map to Location]
About our Club
Martial Arts for Kids in Toronto
At Budokai Judo and Martial Arts Club in Toronto we offer expert judo and martial arts instruction at every level and for every age group. Our Senseis Ray Litvak and Rick Koglin know just how to connect with kids and create a positive and supportive martial arts learning environment.
Why Martial Arts for Kids?
Martial arts classes for kids give them benefits that they'll carry with them throughout the rest of their lives. From learning how to deal with bullies to improving motor skills, the range of benefits is multi-dimensional.
• Take advantage of our free two-week of trial - find out more now by calling (416) 712-6751 ask for Rick.
Physical benefits of martial arts for kids
• Improves balance and coordination
• Improves motor movement skills
• Helps improve fitness level
Social benefits of martial arts for kids
• They'll learn self-defense techniques
• Self-control - they will learn how to act with intent and not in anger or fear
• They'll learn how to deal with bullies and other aggressive situations effectively
• Self-esteem and confidence - from trusting in their own abilities
Kids’ martial arts classes at Budokai and the whole atmosphere of our Toronto studio reinforce old fashioned values like respect (that goes both ways) and self-discipline. Children have fun while they're learning valuable life skills.
Bullyproofing through martial arts
Bullying is in the news now more than ever, but it’s a perennial problem for kids. Sensei Ray Litvak knows what it’s like to be bullied. He was smaller than most of his classmates growing up and became an easy target for bullies. Everything changed, however, when he began taking judo lessons at age 12. He learned self- defense and self-confidence and was a target no more.
That’s how he knows what kids’ martial arts classes can do.
• Judo is all about leverage and teaches how a smaller person can gain the upper hand over a larger opponent by using an attacker's aggression to their advantage
• Judo movements don't include punches or kicks and so are safe to practice, and are actually most effective when someone is grabbed or attacked
As a parent, you'll watch as their confidence levels, fitness and self-assurance grow alongside their proficiency at this venerable martial art.
• Bring your child for a free two week trial of martial arts/judo lessons in Toronto - you have nothing to lose and a world of confidence and physical activity to gain.
About Budokai Judo & Martial Arts Club for kids
Based in Toronto and serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Budokai Judo and Martial Arts Club is owned and operated by Sensei’s Rick Koglin and Ray Litvak, (Certified Judo black belts and instructors).
The goal of the club is to imbue its students (men, women, children) with the character, confidence and courage that practicing martial arts over time instills in its practitioners.
You can find us in the heart of North York at 1110-5 Finch Ave. West, M3J 2T2 in the North York Aikido Club/Aikido Hokuryukai. For more information, or to pre-register for classes, please contact Rick Koglin at (416) 712-6751 or e-mail us today at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll be glad you did!
We provide judo and martial arts classes to residents of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) including Toronto, North York, Downsview, Concord, Vaughan, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge and York Region, Ontario.